Written by: Tom Bennett - Client Director, Racepoint Global London
The hours/days/months I’ve spent consuming football news down the years is probably not healthy.
From re-reading David Seaman programme interviews over and over in the mid-90s, to the hours I now spend glued to my phone.
At least with the quality and creativity on display now from the media teams of clubs and players, I can convince myself that maybe my time is being put to good use…
Anyway - from years of hard research, here are some of my all-time favourite posts from the world of football:
- How does anyone not love Kylian Mbappe? If you’re yet to be convinced, here’s the world’s second most expensive player nut-megging his toddler opponent.
- He may have been unlucky with injuries in recent times – but Eric Bailly’s bromance with Zlatan Ibrahimovic was one of the joys of social media last season.
- People say football clubs are now just corporate machines. But as this video of young United fan Samuel shows, they're still able to do some pretty special things.
- I love this interview with Per Mertesacker and Arsene Wenger from last season. Who’d have thought an answer about hamsters could bring so much joy…
- Nancho Monreal kicking an orange into his fridge. Genius.
- King of football social media Benjamin Mendy reacting to some feedback from his boss.